Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claim


If you are of 'working age' and need to make a brand new claim for 'Housing Benefit' or any of these 'five main benefits':

  • Income Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
  • Jobseekers Allowance (Income Related)

... you will need to claim Universal Credit from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) online (if you have not already done so)

Please choose one of the following options to:

  • Make your claim for 'Council Tax Support' (not covered by Universal Credit) and /or
  • 'Housing Benefit' - If you are of working age and living in an 'exempt accommodation' or if you receive a Severe Disability Premium in your Employment and Support Allowance/Income Support, or you are a single pensioner, or member of a couple and you are both pension age. If only one of you is pension age, you may need to claim Universal Credit. Please call us on 0300 304 8000 for more information.

All fields must be completed unless marked optional.  If you miss a question that is mandatory, don't worry, you will prompted to return to the question for completion.  Please DO NOT use any symbols (£, & etc), in any boxes on this claim form, as it may cause your claim to fail on submission.

Start a new form

Choose this option to start a new claim - click on the Start button to get going.

Continue a saved form

Choose this option to:

  • Retrieve a previously saved new claim - enter your 8 digit reference number from last time (ie: VTTIPSTJ) and click 'Continue' to carry on.  
  • You can access the saved form for 31 days from first contact.  After 31 days the form will automatically expire and you will have to start  again  
  • Add Evidence to support your claim
Loading section. Please wait a few moments... Please wait while we search for your details